Our friend Pat Crotty passed along some terrific photos he and his wife Carol took on a recent visit to the Czech Republic.
This is a shot of the diverse architectural styles that exist in Prague, all in remarkably good shape.
The tower on the Church of Our Lady of Tyn is shown late in the day just as the sunlight illuminated the golden statue of Mary, surrounded by crosses.
A contrast between communism and capitalism: This courtyard holds the Museum of Communism and a McDonald’s. (Pat guesses that the young children on their tour were promised lunch at McDonald’s if they could just hold out a few more minutes in the museum.)
The Prague Castle with the Vltava River in the foreground. The steeples belong to Saint Vitus Cathedral, which was begun in 1344 and completed in 1929, just in time for the 1000th anniversary of Good King Wenceslas’s death.
Pat and Carol found the people of Prague to be friendly, with many speaking English, German and Serbian, in addition to the native Czech. They are already planning their return trip.
By Teresa K. Flatley