Top Ten Party Ideas
• Kentucky Derby - Break out your left-over frou-frou hats and pour some mint juleps. Be sure to have a TV handy to watch the race.
• Cinco de Mayo/Mexican - If you missed out on the festivities today, you can still enjoy Mexican food this weekend -- or anytime actually. It makes for a great party.
• Murder Mystery - Boomers like to play different characters. Buy a game and get everyone involved with costumes so you can name the murderer.
• White Elephant Party - Everyone brings the worst gift they ever got, looking for someone else to take it home.
• Prom - This party will be loads more fun than our actual proms. Everyone dresses up in their best duds and chances to era music.
• 70s Party -- "Bell" pants, platform shoes, white suits a la John Travolta, trivia games and a groovy disco ball to complete the scene.
• Beachy: Turn your backyard into a Beach Blanket Bingo. You don't really have to truck in yards of sand unless you really want to.
• Guess the Celebrity - Guests dress like someone famous and everyone has to guess who they are. Be nice.
• Hawaiian Luau - A perennial favorite because who doesn't love everything about HI?
• Musical Choice - Choose a band like The Beatles and have everyone dress up like characters in songs. Blast their tunes all night long, and serve English beer, subs, strawberries -- and tea, of course.
If you like this, try Top Ten . . .Golf Tips